Training at HSC is based on standards established by Sail Canada and combines classroom theory with time spent on the water sailing. Designed as a progression of levels of proficiency from beginner to advanced, a course lasts two weeks and run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday at Hollyburn Sailing Club, 1326 Argyle Street, West Vancouver.
What You Need to Bring
- A Canadian Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD i.e. lifejacket).
- Non-marking soft soled shoes that will not slip off in the water. Flip-flops and slip-on footwear (other than aquasocks or Crocs) are not permitted.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather
- Hat, Sunscreen
- Change of clothes and towel
- Bag lunch with refillable water bottle
- Closed toed shoes that can be worn in the water
- Completed and signed waiver
On the first day of lessons, please arrive 15 minutes (8:45 am) to complete the necessary registration. The waiver must be completed and signed in order to start your lesson and contains information required by Sail Canada.
We are excited to partner with BC Sailing in order to provide an Opti program for children 6 – 10 years of age. See their website for more details: BC Sailing Association Mobile Optimist Sailing School
- 2016 dates: 29 Aug to 02 Sept – Cost: $262.50